The learning needs of children change as they grow from 2½ to 5. Every child is unique.
So, our Pre-School plans a curriculum that takes each individual child into account. We assess their age, stage of development and learning needs.
Your child’s Key Worker is closely involved with this process to ensure that each child receives the attention and support that they need to develop and grow.
Our standards are inspected and regulated by the Government’s Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted).
In February 2018, our last inspection, we were delighted to be ranked as "Good". You can find more details here.
For more information about the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and useful websites, explore these documents:
- http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/files/2015/09/4Children_ParentsGuide_Sept_2015v4WEB1.pdf or download the document here
- http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/files/2014/08/EYFS_Parents_Guide-amended.pdf. or download the document here
- Learning Outside the Classroom Manifesto, 2006 - the national commitment to outdoor learning;
- Learning Outside the Classroom, Ofsted, 2008 - a research report into the benefits of outdoor learning.
- https://www.bucksfamilyinfo.org/kb5/buckinghamshire/fsd/home.page Buckinghamshire family information
- www.childcarechoices.gov.uk Look for support towards childcare costs.
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community-based group;
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment, including an outdoor classroom;
- To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes from the Early Years Foundation Stage. All children in the group are guided in a way appropriate to their age and stage of development;
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children;
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults;
- The support of a personal keyworker;
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the Pre-school and in your own child’s progress.